Mango is an online language learning system that can help you learn the most popular languages in the world. It also has courses for people learning to speak English as a second language.
- Access in a library or by entering your library card number and PIN / password
- Apps for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Create your own profile to track your progress or pop in and out
- More than sixty languages
- Beginner to advanced levels
- Grammar and cultural notes
Each lesson covers all four key language components for those learning a foreign language or English as a second language:
Focus on words and phrases that will be most valuable in common, real life situations
Audio is recorded by native speakers, giving users the best possible model for their own pronunciation. A voice comparison tool allows users to speak into a microphone, see a visual representation of their pronunciation compared to the narrator's, and adjust until they are as close as possible.
Using semantic colour mapping, literal translations, grammar notes and critical thinking exercised, users are able to easily identify and recognize linguistic patterns.
Mango integrates cultural insight into every lesson, ensuring an understanding of the customs and etiquette of the people they want to communicate with.