Computers & Internet
You can use our free, secure WiFi 24/7 with your own device, or make use of our free public access computers to:
- Access web based email
- Browse the internet
- Use the scanner for free to scan pictures or documents
Selwyn District Libraries is a member of the Aotearoa Peoples Network Kaharoa (APNK) consortium which provides desktop computers for customer use installed with a range of software:
- Word processing to create and edit documents: Microsoft Word or Open Office
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
- Adobe Acrobat reader
- and other programs.
Each library branch has 5 PCs with both a DVD and CD drive, multiple USB ports, memory card slots, and a webcam. Headsets are available for use - please ask a library staff member.
Free public use scanners available at all branches.
Black and white A4 printing is available from the APNK PCs - charges apply.
Conditions of use
Use of the computers is organised on a booking basis; a time limit of 30 minutes per session (maximum two sessions per day) applies. One computer in each branch may be limited to 10 or 15 minute use for quicker turn-around.
When you are using library computers you should not:
- attempt to violate our computer system security,
- do anything illegal, infringe copyright or view offensive material,
- disturb other people’s use of the library.
The Aotearoa Peoples Network Kaharoa reserves the right to prevent access to objectionable material.
Customers breaching these policies may be banned from using library computers.