Selwyn Libraries have taken its current mobile library bus off the road from Friday 12 April.
There will be a new range of outreach services that will operate from July, including libraries delivering programmes directly to schools and pre-schools, increased availability of digital resources, personalised services for users, and books-by-courier services.
In the interim to ensure that your library needs are met we will be setting up a temporary service which will run from mid-April until the new service begins.
Those that have borrowed an item from the mobile library since 1 October 2018, we will contact you by post or email to give you more information and keep you updated.
Read our FAQs for further information.
New easy to remember library and
service centre hours
Selwyn Libraries and service centres* have new easy to remember hours of operation from 1
The changes are in response to customer research and a trial of extended opening hours undertaken
in 2018. Opening hours have been extended and standardised across the district with the overall total
number of opening hours across the network increasing from 196 hours to 220 hours a week.
- Monday to Friday 9am–6pm (Lincoln and Rolleston open to 8pm on Thursdays)
- Saturday 10am–4pm
- Sunday 10am–4pm at Lincoln and Rolleston. Closed at Darfield and Leeston
Alongside the extended hours, the digital and electronic resources are available 24/7.
*changes are excluding Rolleston Service Centre on Norman Kirk Drive
Hey we have a new website - we hope you like it as much as we do. The old one was getting a bit ratty as I'm sure you will agree. Here's some of the key points of our new site:
- its good to go on desktop or mobile device - yes it will slickly resize to fit your smartphone
- get to the key eResources from the link on the top right
- view all our events and programmes on our events page
- brand new book recommendations for kids and adults