New easy to remember library and
service centre hours
Selwyn Libraries and service centres* will have new easy to remember hours of operation from 1
The changes are in response to customer research and a trial of extended opening hours undertaken
in 2018. Opening hours have been extended and standardised across the district with the overall total
number of opening hours across the network increasing from 196 hours to 220 hours a week.
- Monday to Friday 9am–6pm (Lincoln and Rolleston open to 8pm on Thursdays)
- Saturday 10am–4pm
- Sunday 10am–4pm at Lincoln and Rolleston. Closed at Darfield and Leeston
Alongside the extended hours, the digital and electronic resources are available 24/7.
*changes are excluding Rolleston Service Centre on Norman Kirk Drive
Closed for Waitangi Day
All Selwyn District Libraries will close for Waitangi Day:
Wednesday 6 February
Library branches will be open again as usual on Thursday 7 February.
Regular email newsletters
For more library new and the latest titles subscribe to one of our email newsletters:
- Fiction A-Z - the best of our new fiction for adults as selected by our collections team (monthly)
- Science fiction and fantasy (monthly)
- Children's books - both fiction and non-fiction aimed at 8-11 year olds (monthly)
- Library news - what's going on in the library
Our catalogue will be upgraded on Wednesday 14 November during the night. We do not anticipate any interruption of service.
Hey we have a new website - we hope you like it as much as we do. The old one was getting a bit ratty as I'm sure you will agree. Here's some of the key points of our new site:
- its good to go on desktop or mobile device - yes it will slickly resize to fit your smartphone
- get to the key eResources from the link on the top right
- view all our events and programmes on our events page
- brand new book recommendations for kids and adults