- You can borrow up to 30 items on your library membership card.
- Most items are issued for four weeks with the option to renew for a further issue period so long as no one else has placed a hold on the item.
- The due date for each item can be found on the issue slip printout or you can look it up through 'My account' in the catalogue.
- If we have your email address, you will receive an email reminder three days before items are due back. You can also request text message alerts.
You can check your borrower record, renew an item or place a hold online using 'My account'.
You will need your library card number or Alt ID and PIN/password to log in.
- An Alt ID is an alternative to using your barcode number and can be used like a username. To add one to your account please contact us. You can still use your barcode number after adding an Alt ID.
- Most users have a four digit PIN, however you can choose to use a password instead. If you don't know your PIN/password contact us and we can set one up for you. You can change your PIN/password at any time by logging in to your account. You can have a PIN or password, not both.
You can renew items from home by logging into 'My account' online or at the Self Issue Kiosks located at your local library branch.
- Log in to 'My account' from the website or catalogue
- Enter your library card number (on the back of the card - enter all letters and numbers), and your PIN
- Go to the Checkouts tab. Select the items you wish to renew and click Renew.
Note: You will be unable to renew items that you have already renewed once, or that have been requested by another borrower.
Placing a hold on an item
You can also place holds on items in the catalogue. Holds will be transferred to the library of your choice for free.
- Find the item in our catalogue.
- Click on the blue "Place Hold" button to the right of the title.
- You will be prompted to enter your library card number (Full Barcode) and Password (PIN).
- A "Place Holds" pop up box will appear; check the pickup library is correct, then click on the "Place Hold(s)" button.
- You will be advised if your action has been successful - click OK.
- You can monitor your reserves under the Holds tab of your account.
Bookmyne is no longer being offered. It has been superseded by the new Selwyn Libraries App.