Summer Reading Challenge
Kōrero pukapuka ā te wā o raumati 2019 / 2020
The Summertime Reading Challenge 2019 / 2020 is on now until Saturday 29 February 2020. Discover something new and be in to win cool prizes!
Download and print a copy here [PDF, 125 KB] or pick one up from your local Selwyn library.
Who can enter?
Summertime Reading is open to all ages
What if you have parents who work for Selwyn District Council or Christchurch City Council?
That is fine, the children of Council employees can still enter the competition.
Do I need to have a library card?
No. You do not need to be a member of Selwyn Libraries to be eligible to enter.
Where can I get a postcard entry form?
You can pick up a postcard from any Christchurch City or Selwyn District Library, cut one out of the Summer Activity Booklet, or download a copy from our website.
How do I enter for the prize draw?
You can enter when you have had an adult tick, sticker or stamp that you have had 6 reading experiences from the options listed on the challenge sheet. Once you have completed this – take your entry form in to any Christchurch City or Selwyn Library and hand to a staff member to be in the draw to win.
How many entries in the prize draw am I allowed?
You may enter as many times as you like
What are the prizes?
The prizes include electronics, family experiences and more!
When will the winners be drawn?
The winners will be randomly drawn and announced on our website and Facebook page in the week following the close of both competitions.
What if I have more questions?
Contact us and we can answer your questions
My child is too young to complete the reading experiences on their own – how am I still able to enter?
The emphasis this year is on encouraging shared family experiences – your preschoolers will obviously be having these experiences alongside an adult. Have fun together as you celebrate the joy of reading!
Terms and Conditions
- The Summertime Reading Challenge is open to all ages.
- The competition is open between 2 December 2019 and 29 February 2020.
- Entries must be returned to any one of the Christchurch City or Selwyn Libraries, or submitted via online entry form by 5pm on Saturday 29 February 2020.
- Prizes will be advised. Winners will be drawn at random and announced on our website and Facebook page in the week following the close of the competition.
- Prize allocation is at the discretion of the Selwyn District Council. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must have all correct contact details and at least 6 challenges stamped, stickered or ticked to be in the draw.